Hong Kong, Hari Pertama

In January 2013, we went to Hong Kong. We went together with my friends. We flew at Friday night from Saigon to Hong Kong by Cathay Pacific Airways. From airport my friends and us went to separate ways to our hotels. The taxi was old but spacious and comfortable. It was Crown Comfort, the same type I usually used to go to my secondary school since there was no other public transportation that time. We had the hotel address in Cantonese, so it was handy since our driver can’t speak English much.

We stayed at Butterfly on Prat and the room was deluxe double bedroom. Our friends stayed at nearby hotel within walking distance. I selected this boutique hotel because of the location. Nearby, there are halal eateries, MTR, shopping places and attractions. The room came with free WIFI and microwave. I requested for high floor since that area could be noisy with several clubs not far away. We were given room at level 16.


Our room at Butterfly on Prat.

The next day, after good sleep, we met my friends and went to Wan Chai mosque canteen to have breakfast. We got to the mosque by MTR to Admiral Station and took taxi from there. The food was very nice. It was the best dim sum I’ve ever had so far. No wonder the canteen was featured in CNN travel.


Our first set, we ate until full.


Address and details of the Canteen.

Happily with our full tummy, we head to a place to burn some calories. We took taxi to Hong Kong station and took MTR to Disneyland. Initially, I was discouraged to go to Disneyland because of the reviews at TripAdvisor but I glad I went. To collect our ticket was very easy; we used the Automagic Ticket Dispensing Machine for our online purchase – simply by inserting the credit card.


Inside MTR to Disneyland.


Jumbo ride.


Morning performance.

The rides at Disneyland suit my son. Personally I like Mickey’s PhilhaMagic, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster and Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars. My wife and I shared the joy shopping at Main Street, USA. My son had for himself Mickey stuffed toys and Lightning McQueen. Apart of the joy, there were few annoying moment when there were people tried to cut the queue, their trick was one person go ahead first and that person will call the rest of the gang to join him as if he was queuing from the beginning.

For lunch, we went to Tahitian Terrace and there were several selection of halal food. For praying, we asked the staff there and they gave this room at city hall, which was very pleasant.


Wife performing prayer inside a room at City Hall.

We were there from morning to night. My son was amazed by the Flight Fantasy Parade. The end of the night was indeed magical. Superb fireworks and good sound system made us felt overwhelming, I felt so happy and I couldn’t hold myself to kiss my wife.


The fireworks at Disneyland.

From Disneyland we went back to hotel by MTR. It was not crowded; probably many chose to stay at Disneyland Hotels. Before going to Hong Kong, I tried to book there too, but no room available. By the end of the day, we could not contact my friends, probably the small Disneyland was not too small, but we managed to plan the next day through facebook.


2 thoughts on “Hong Kong, Hari Pertama

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s